Fodor's Florence & Tuscany: With Assisi & the Best of Umbria (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to tour Brunelleschi's Dome, marvel at artwork in the Galleria degli Uffizi, or explore charming hill towns, the local Fodor's travel experts in Florence and Tuscany are here to help Fodor's Florence and Tuscany guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Florence and Tuscany travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 35 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, wineries, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "What to Eat and Drink," "10 Best Museums in Florence," "10 Best Vineyards and Wine Tasting Experiences," "Free Things to Do in Florence," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Who's Who in Renaissance Art," "The Duomo," "Santa Croce," "The Pleasures of Tuscan Wine," Piazza del Campo," "The Goodness of Tuscan Food," and "Assissi's Basilica di San Francesco."
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- ITALIAN LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Florence, Tuscany, Chianti, Siena, Pisa, Arezzo, Umbria, and more.
Planning on visiting other destinations in Italy? Check out Fodor's Essential Italy, Fodor's Amalfi Coast, Capri & Naples, Fodor's Rome, and Fodor's Venice.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us